Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups With Herbs and Cheese

Lets cook healthy! Those are great healthy snacks. Fast and easy. It's just a little difficult to cut the zucchinis the way the recipe asks you. I sliced them as thin as i thought it'll be good to roll afterwards and it came up great! It was the first time I ate goat cheese and I liked! ;)My husband went to work after 2 weeks at home in vacation. So, lets see if he'll like what I cooked. I went out today to buy the ingredients for this recipe and it was -1 celsius! that's cold ,but not like yesterday that was freezing! So, today we'll finish yesterday's beef stew and have the zucchini.Kailua didn't eat anything from the floor.lets see tomorrow...

today's recipe:

1-Grilled Zucchini Roll-ups with Herbs and Cheese

how I made it:

Ingredients

  • 2 small zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), cut lengthwise as thick as I thought it'll be ok to roll afterwards
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt to taste ( be careful w/ the salt! just a little to taste. the cheese is salty)
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 ounces bagged baby spinach (2 cups lightly packed) ( I placed 2 or 3 spinach leaves in each roll it was perfect)
  • 1/3 cup basil leaves ( I placed half basil leaf in each zucchini roll it was more than enough)

Preparation

1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.

2. Discard the outermost slices of zucchini; brush the rest with oil on both sides. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about 3 minutes per side. You can prepare the zucchini a day ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.( I made it same day and I'll eat it today. So, I don't know how it'll taste next day)

3. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing together with a fork.( I smashed with a teaspoon and worked ;) )

4. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Top with a few spinach leaves and a small (or half of a large) basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices. You can make these up to a day in advance; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment