Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vanilla Pudding / Penne with Spinach, Feta, and Olives




This late morning I made Vanilla Pudding. It was easy to make, but way too sweet! I would put half of the sugar the recipe was asking for. I put more milk and cornstarch while cooking, but it was still too sweet. I didn't have more eggs to double all the other ingredients. It's ok to eat now, and I would make it again, but not as much sugar.

I went out to garden of eden to buy the ingredients for the pasta. So, I started making it 5pm. What a great recipe! easy to make and easy to clean! it's a little salty because of the capers, feta cheese and olives, but it was delicious! my husband liked it a lot ! oh! he liked the zucchini from yesterday a lot as well. He ate everything!

Kailua was so cute today. This picture I took today while talking with my mom in skype.

1- Vanilla Pudding

I made like the recipe, but included about 1/2 cup more of milk (1%) , and 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups 1% milk
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation

Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Pour ¼ cup of the milk into the sugar mixture, stirring to form a smooth paste. Whisk in the remaining milk and the egg yolks. Cook the pudding mixture over low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until thickened, about 15 minutes. Do not allow it to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. Scrape the pudding into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the surface to make an airtight seal and prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.


2- Penne with Spinach , Feta, and Olives

I made 2 cups of uncooked penne ( half of the box). The rest was like the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 2 cups uncooked penne
  • 2 cups chopped spinach
  • 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
  • 2 tablespoons capers
  • 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese

Preparation

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add pasta, spinach, olives, capers, and cheese; toss well.

No comments:

Post a Comment