Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tarragon Chicken Salad

This salad is very good. I totally recommend. I dropped a package in the mail today. Then, I went to the bank to see why they're charging me maintenance fee in my saving account.Finally, I went to garden of eden to buy the salad ingredients. I saw the fishes over there but they didn't look good. So, I bought the chicken breast. Last night Kailua woke us up to go out at 3 am! So, my husband took her out and she really needed to go...

Here's the recipe I made today:

Ingredients

* 1/2 lb diced cooked chicken
* 1 small tart apple, cored and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
* 1/3 cup diced celery
* 1/4 cup diced red onion
* 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
* NO SALT NEEDED
* freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1/3 cup lightly unsalted, roasted cashews, roughly chopped
* lettuce, washed
* Olive oil, for dressing lettuce

Directions

Combine the chicken, apple, celery, and onions in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, chives and pepper. Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, lightly dress lettuce with olive oil. Serve chicken salad on a bed of lettuce and top with cashews.

No comments:

Post a Comment