Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pork Paprikash





I made it today for dinner for me and my husband. I made exactly what the recipe asked for. The only difference was that I made 1 lb of pork tenderloin and 3/4 of a green pepper i had at home already. The pepper was very nice with the sauce and pork. I should have added more. well, next time! I'd make it again for sure!

I went out today to buy the pork tenderloin . I can't remember eating pork tenderloin before. I think it was my first time! I liked it a lot.

I also went to public library and got three books about cooking ("Julia's Kitchen Wisdom" - Julia Child, "The Sweet Life in Paris" - David Lebovitz , and "Mediterranean Summer"- David Shalleck with Erol Munuz) and I got three DVD about cooking as well ( "Cook Like a Chef" volume 1, "French Cuisine" - Julia Child, and "Foodmatters, you are what you eat ).

I saw the Foodmatters and half of the Cook Like a Chef. I recommend them!Oh last night I finished reading Julie &Julia. I liked it a lot! I recommend it also!

After dinner, my husband cleaned all the dishes, pots and pans.I cleaned the counter top.
After, I made some fresh whipping cream with the little heavy cream I had at home to put in the espresso. We have a very good espresso machine at home. It is Rancilio (Sylvia). We have also the grinder from the same company (Rancilio- Rocky). We have had the coffee machine for 4 years now and we use her everyday! The grinder we have had it for 2 years and we use it everyday as well!

that's how I made it:

1- Pork Paprikash

Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons cooking oil or bacon fat
  • 1 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • salt to taste
  • fresh-ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 onion, cut into thin slices
  • 1 large green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
  • 4 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup uncooked penne pasta

Preparation

1. In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat. Toss the pork with the flour, salt, and black pepper. Add about half the pork to the pot and brown for about 3 minutes. Remove. Repeat with the remaining pork and an additional tablespoon oil. Remove.

2. Reduce the heat to moderately low and add the remaining tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the onion and bell peppers. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Stir in salt, black pepper, and the paprika. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the pork with any accumulated juices and the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, partially covered, until the pork is just done, 10 to 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to very low and whisk in the sour cream.

3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the egg noodles until just done, about 7 minutes. Drain. Remove 1/2 cup of the sauce from the stew and toss with the pasta Serve the stew over the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment